Sunday, November 30, 2008

Any Given Sunday

"Rain falling down
Ooh, it seems like it could last for years
Drowning me down
Drowning in a sea of tears
And little did I know
That someone set my soul... free!"
-- TRUE FAITH

Dear Tristan, There's this movie called Any Given Sunday that starred Pacino as a PRO Football Coach. His byline was "Any given sunday, you either win or lose. But can you win or lose like a man?"

Son, I know what he means. But of all the lessons I could possibly teach you while growing up, that is one of the things that you have to learn on your own. Because the truth is, there have been sundays when I lost like a boy --not like a man. Someday too, there will be sundays when you will lose like a boy. But whether it's a ballgame, or a game of political chess, or in the matters of the heart, even when they defeat the boy in us, they can not break the man within who has the strength of someone with True Faith.

Even in defeat, even in tears, when you lose like a man with True Faith, you set your soul free so that next ballgame, next sunday, you can win... not just as a man

...but as a hero.

9 comments:

tin-tin said...

boy na anak nyo? wow!! finally!

bket tristan? :)

TK said...

PrettyOne, it's because I often refer to Sage, Sabine and Sadie as the "Three stars" of the night sky (the 3 stars in orion's belt)

Tristan is the nearest, coherent contraction of "Tri stars".

Anonymous said...

so that means hindi tanggap yung recommendation namin ni em na name? :D haha.

Congrats pre. Ngayon may as*kicker ka na pag may manliligaw na ang three stars mo. :D

TK said...

Nickname namin ni Yin sa kanya yung recommendation nyo. si Sadie siguro ang magiging tawag sa kanya "Ethan" kasi hirap pa sya sa "S"

You Ok bro?

atticus said...

Tristan lang? Walang Jay? *ahem*

Ibabarkada ko iyang little boy mo. Bwahahaha!

"See here, little boy. This is how you make a slingshot. This is how you use it. Shoot all the bluejays you want. But spare the mockingbirds. Harharhar!"

TK said...

it's a sin to kill a mockingbird

Anonymous said...

Okay, atleast tanggap na din recommendation namin :D

Yep,I'm okay. Just getting ready for my new work that's why I haven't been blogging lately. Or maybe I was just happy then and didn't have anything to blog about.

But I'm gonna start blogging again. Coz I just said it. I was happy then. Now, its a different story.

TK said...

Used to


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmvJHc9Hzwg

Anonymous said...

i thought at first it was tristan of the greek mythology :)

Letters to my kids about their childhood adventures



To Sage, Sabe, Sade & 3Stan

To Sage, Sabe, Sade & 3Stan
WELCOME!