Sunday, November 23, 2008

Grade 3 Family Day 2008

Dear Sage, yesterday, November 22, was your Grade 3 family day. This year's theme was Broadway. Your class, 3 Diamante, danced and acted the music from my favorite musical, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

last week, while listening to the songs, Your Ate Janine asked me how the play ended. I told her Christine got to live happily ever after. then she asked me what happened to Eric, the Opera Ghost. I said when he chose to let Christine go he chose to be sad and in agony forever. You guys asked if that's what love is. Frankly, I do not know.

What I do know is Eric, the Phantom of the Opera, could never hurt Christine. He'd rather have her as a memory that will keep his wound open rather than to have her near and suffer with him.

Eric lived forever in legend and Christine became the source of inspiration for many stories and songs.

I remember one Rock Song, by Meatloaf... "I'd do anything for Love." In the end of the song, the girl playing the part of a modern day Christine said that the time will come when he will hurt her, that he will forget, that he will move on.

Of all the things the Phantom of the Opera is capable of doing, hurting Christine is the only thing he wouldn't do. Because HE SIMPLY CAN'T. He can't hurt her. He can't forget. He will not move on.

Christine wasn't able to save Eric's soul...
But she sure was able to give it back to him.


Girl:
Will you raise me up?
Will you help me down?
Will you get me right out if this Godforsaken town?
Will you make it all a little less cold?

Boy:
I can do that!
I can do that!

Girl:
Will you hold me sacred?
Will you hold me tight?
Can you colorize my life I'm so sick of black and white?
Can you make it all a little less old?

Boy:
I can do that!
I can do that!

Girl:
Will you make me some magic
With your own two hands?
Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?
Can you give me something I can take home?

Boy:
I can do that!
I can do that!

Girl:
Will you cater to every fantasy I got?
Will ya hose me down with holy water--if I get to hot--?
Will ya take me to places I've never known?

Boy:
I can do that!
I can do that!

Girl:
After a while you'll forget everything
It was a brief interlude
And a midsummer night's fling
And you'll see that it's time to move on

Boy:
I WON'T DO THAT...

From the song "I'd Do Anything For Love"


Anyway, after the Program we ate out. It was the first time in 5 Family Days that Lolo Nonong wasn't with us. He usually treat us to lunch. He had to rest at home so after eating we went to him and your cousins Kitkat and Boing.

And By The Way, I lent the mask of the Phantom that hangs in our car to your classmate who played the part of Eric. It gave the part more credibility.


3 comments:

atticus said...

ano'ng nangyari? may nagpatiwakal ba? lumayo nang pagkalayu-layo?

ano? ano?

ituloy mo ang kuwento. tsk.

tin-tin said...

bitin ang kwento. buti napanood ko yung movie. hehe ;p

atticus said...

pansin ko lang...para kayong obama family. color coordinated ang mga suot.

you are outnumbered by women. you are so lucky, tk.

Letters to my kids about their childhood adventures



To Sage, Sabe, Sade & 3Stan

To Sage, Sabe, Sade & 3Stan
WELCOME!