Thursday, May 14, 2009

Graduation Speeches

Dear Kids, I just read about Obama's wisecrack during the ASU graduation rites:

"Now, before I begin, I'd like to clear the air about that little controversy everyone was talking about a few weeks back... I think we all learned an important lesson. I learned to never again pick another team over the Sun Devils in my NCAA bracket. And your university President and Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS."

Bwahahaha! That last line was so cute. Immediately after delivering that punchline he smiled at them like a naughty gangsta as if saying "Chill, Dudes. I'm just messing with you." Reminds me of JFK's American University speech where he began by teasing his old friend, Bob Byrd:

"...distinguished guests, my old colleague, Senator Bob Byrd, who has earned his degree through many years of attending night law school, while I am earning mine in the next 30 minutes..."

Incidentally, since Dick Chenney, that ugly old goat, is hogging the headlines again, pontificating about the use of Torture and the virtue of pissing on the bill of rights, he would do well if he reads that JFK speech where he said that...

"what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave."

Up yours, Chenney. That was the kind of peace you and your neocon colleagues tried to ram down our throats when you were in power. The kind of peace bought by waterboarding and torturing detainees in Gitmo and Abu Ghraib. Just so you know that we will never forget, that kind of policy did not result in peace but in more than

3,000 AMERICAN SOLDIER'S DEATHS UNDER YOUR WATCH.

I really do not like him and his neocon comrades who are still talking their heads off in FOX news network. But before I fantasize about pushing the button to unleash the nuclear bomb on them, I should remind myself that in the American University speech of JFK, he gave a compelling reason why we shouldn't hate our enemies too much to the point of wishing to rain down thermo-nuclear warheads on their asses:

"For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal. "


No comments:

Letters to my kids about their childhood adventures



To Sage, Sabe, Sade & 3Stan

To Sage, Sabe, Sade & 3Stan
WELCOME!